Tuesday, September 10, 2013

McGee and Maqroll?

I was all set to jump right back into blogging this week after a lovely two-week holiday in Japan . . . but then my computer broke. So while the fine folks at Apple are busy restoring it to life, I'll just share one thing, this brief passage from John D. MacDonald's tenth Travis McGee novel, The Girl in the Plain Brown Wrapper:
He wanted a confidential errand done, for a fat fee. He said he had been involved in a little deal abroad. He said it involved options on some old oil tankers, and some surplus, obsolety vehicles, and all I needed to know about it was that it was legal, and he wasn't wanted, at least officially, by any government anywhere.
I don't know about you, but it sounds to me like Travis McGee just ran into Maqroll el Gaviero.

No comments:

Post a Comment